Effective Date: September 1, 2023
Ace is an artificial intelligence startup legal assistant designed to educate you. Ace does not collect any personally identifiable information about you. Chatting with Ace is anonymous. You confirm that you have the authority to share any information that you provide to Ace. You further confirm that any information you provide is non-confidential. We cannot and do not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any data you provide. We store and review the anonymous chat logs to improve our Services. Ace is not your lawyer. Using Ace does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and us. As every situation is unique, always consult legal counsel before relying on Ace.2. Children Using or Accessing the Services.
This Policy was last revised on the date noted at the top of this page. We may update this Policy from time to time. Your continued use of the Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.4. Information We Collect.
We receive several types of information about you from various sources, including (A) information and content that you give us; (B) automatically-collected information; (C) demographic information or other aggregate information; and (D) information from other sources. Each is described in detail below.4.1 Information and Content That You Give Us.
We collect personal information that you knowingly choose to disclose. This may include:
- (a) Personal Information. Personal information, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, username, password, birth date, social security number, and any other information you directly provide us on or through the Services. This includes information you provide when you register or create an account, complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form, or make a request for customer service.
- (b) Correspondences. Records and copies of your email messages together with your email address and our responses, if you choose to correspond with us through email, and records of your phone number, phone calls with us, and voice messages, if you choose to correspond with us via phone.
- (c) User Content. Information or content you submit to be published or displayed on public areas of the Services or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, "User Content"). Your User Content is posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. The Company cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- (d) Transaction Information. Information about any purchase or transactions made on the Services. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping, and contact details.
We may use a variety of technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns whenever you interact with the Services, including:
- (a) Activity Information. Details of your visits to our Services, including the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; the time, frequency, and duration of your activities; and other information about your use of and actions on the Services.
- (b) Equipment Information. Information about your computer and internet connection, including your computer operating system, IP address, browser type, and browser language.
- (c) Location Information. Information about the location of your device, including GPS location, for purposes of enhancing or facilitating the Services. We may also use information about the location of the device you are using to help us understand how the Services and functionality are being used and to deliver more relevant advertising.
The gathering of this information may be used for maintaining the quality of the Services we provide, as well as providing overall general statistics related to the use of the Services. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- (e) Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “clear gifs”, “pixel tags”, “web bugs”, and “single-pixel gifs”) are small files that are embedded in webpages, applications, and emails. Web beacons allow the Company, for example, to track who has visited those webpages or opened an email, test the effectiveness of our marketing, and compile other related website statistics.
- (g) Entity Tags. Entity Tags are HTTP code mechanisms that allow portions of websites to be stored or “cached” within your browser and validates these caches when the website is opened, accelerating website performance since the web server does not need to send a full response if the content has not changed.
- (h) HTML5 Local Storage. HTML5 local storage allows data from websites to be stored or “cached” within your browser to store and retrieve data in HTML5 pages when the website is revisited.
- (i) Resettable Device Identifiers. Resettable device identifiers (also known as “advertising identifiers”) are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (e.g., the “Identifier for Advertisers” or “IDFA” on Apple iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, resettable device identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant.
We may collect demographic, statistical, or other aggregate information that is about you, but individually does not identify you. Some of this information may be derived from personal information, but it is not personal information and cannot be tied back to you. Examples of such aggregate information include gender, age, race, household income, and political affiliation.4.4 Information from Other Sources.
We may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Policy, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources may include online and offline data providers, from which we obtain demographic, interest-based, and online advertising related data; publicly-available sources such as open government databases or social networks; and service providers who provide us with information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you. By gathering additional information about you, we can correct inaccurate information, enhance the security of your transactions, and give you product or service recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.5. How We Use Your Information.
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- to provide the Services and its content to you;
- to respond to comments and questions, and provide customer service;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide such information, or fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- to communicate with you about your engagement or potential engagement;
- to inform you about important changes to, or other news about, the Services or any of its features or content;
- to operate, maintain, improve, personalize, and analyze the Services;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities for marketing or advertising purposes;
- to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches, fraud, and other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- to allow you to participate in the Services;
- to send promotional communications, such as information about features, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events;
- to share information across the Company’s products, services, and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Company products, services, and devices that you use;
- to develop, test, troubleshoot, and improve new products, services, and features, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products, services, and features;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you about third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you consent to or show interest in presented offers, then, at that time, specific identifiable information, such as your name, email address, or telephone number, may be shared with such a third party.6. How We Share Your Information
We may disclose aggregated or anonymized information about our users without any restrictions. We will not share your personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy except in the following circumstances:
- With subsidiaries and affiliates for business purposes: To our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for purposes of management and analysis, decision-making, and other business purposes.
- When we work with service providers: To service providers, professional advisors, contractors, and other third parties that provide us with support services, such as payment processing, website hosting, information technology, sales, email and postal delivery, location mapping, product and service delivery, or analytics services, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- When we become involved in a sale or transfer of the Company: If we become involved with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets (whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding), to business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- When we are required by law: To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To help protect lawful interests: If we believe disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users, partners, agents, and others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, and spam and malware prevention.
- To fulfill the purpose for that information or with your consent: To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent.
- When we work with marketing service providers: To marketing service providers to assess, develop, and provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you; administer contests, sweepstakes, and events; or for other promotional purposes.
- When we work with business partners: To third parties whom we have strategic marketing alliances or partnerships with to provide you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you.
- Third-party platforms and social media networks: To third-party platforms and social media networks, if you have enabled features or functionality that link the Services to such a platform or network (such as logging into the Services using your account with the third party).
Information that you post on or through the public areas of the Services (e.g., in chat rooms, bulletin boards, and discussion groups) is generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other forms of contact from others. Users of the Services are encouraged to exercise caution when providing personal information about themselves in public or interactive areas.7. Your Choices.
7.1 Mechanisms to Control Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Communications from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third-party products or services, you can opt out by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you; or (iv) sending us an email stating your request. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you transactional communications, including emails about your account or purchases.
- (c) Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you; or (iv) sending us an email stating your request.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by modifying your user preferences in your account profile. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt out on these pages, visit www.AboutAds.info and www.networkadvertising.org.
- Location Information. You may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- Voice Transmissions. You may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that your voice transmissions cannot be sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling microphone and speech recognition services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access microphone and speech recognition services by changing the relevant preferences or permissions in your device or browser settings.
You may send us an email to request access to, correct, or remove any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Content from the Services or your account, copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Services.9. How We Protect Your Information.
We take reasonable precautions to secure your personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. You can contact us at westaway.com/contact.